Residential Block Property Manager
- GBP29000.00 - GBP32000.00 per annum
- UK, North West
- Property & Real Estate, Residential
- 2nd July 2019
- Job Type
Residential Block Property Manager
£29,000 to £32,000 DOE
My client, a Block and Estate Management Agency based in Altrincham, have properties reaching from Glasgow to Birmingham, and from Liverpool to Newcastle and Nottingham. The company is part of a wider business, who developed the majority of the buildings they currently look after, and two lettings companies who let the apartments on behalf of leaseholders to Students and to Residential tenants.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring that all of the residential properties within the company portfolio are run efficiently and to the highest standards of Estate and Facilities Management. Duties will include that standards of Health and Safety, cleanliness and maintenance are upheld and highly compliant, annual service charge budgets are controlled and any issues raised are rectified in a timely manner.
You will manage day to day issues and contractors across the sites, including line management of maintenance and cleaning teams, ensuring your teams of staff are well trained and managed in adherence with company standards and H&S guidelines.
My client is an energetic company undergoing expansion, with a clear passion for their brands. There is a company emphasis is on continuous improvement of service standards through staff learning, development and exposure to a variety of technical situations on different buildings. They offer training and personal development programs to employees at all levels and have invested heavily in new technologies in 2019 to improve their service offering.
Due to the 24-hour nature of property operations, certain events may take place outside office hours and may require some form of limited or full response from the Property Manager.
- Ensure that reactive maintenance is being carried out in accordance with corporate deadlines, standards and KPI's, using Qube PM Software
- Compliance with H&S statutory requirements and industry best practice standards across all buildings - the company monitors compliance via the online 'Riskwise' programme
- Management of annual service charge budgets and expenditure
- Maintain clarity of costs allocation, apportionment and service charge recovery
- Ensure compliance via the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) programme
- Procurement of added value and cost-conscious suppliers / contractors - working in conjunction with the accounts team procurement specialists to provide best value to our customers
- Contractor Management - procurement of contractor contracts and services via the company's online 'Rubberstamp' Purchase Order system and Maintenance Manager in Qube
- Contractor Permit to Work and Risk & Method Statement (RAMS) authorisation and administration
- Financial accountability to directors
- Project management where applicable of Section 20 Major Works programmes - working in conjunction with external consultants and contractors as necessary
- Customer Relationship Management and Complaint Handling of management related issues
- Supervise insurance claims and liaise with brokers, underwriters and loss adjusters as necessary
- Assist with annual service charge budgeting process and account reconciliation cycle
- Assist with investor communications
- Additional Property Management related tasks as required
- Experience of leading, managing and mentoring people, performance management and staff development
- Knowledge of current Fire, H&S requirements
- Property and Facilities management experience
- Experience of setting budgets, reviewing financial performance and Credit Control processes
- Extensive knowledge of Residential Leasehold Management
- A thorough understanding of the statutory and compliance framework for the industry
- ARMA / IRPM membership and qualifications, AIRPM or MIRPM
- RICS Membership and qualification, AssocRICS
- A commitment to industry learning and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Knowledge of Qube or Propman
- First-class team player with a positive attitude
- Strong ability to communicate with staff, customers and stakeholders alike
- Understands and delivers against customer needs
- Can work at pace, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Have excellent personal time management and prioritisation skills
- Is self-motivated and able to work on your initiative
- Motivates others in the delivery of excellent customer service
- Computer literate with skills in Word, Excel and other Microsoft products
- Full, clean driving licence
We anticipate a high volume of applicants so please ensure you stand out from the crowd by adding a short paragraph on why you are suitable for this position.