- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Corporate Property & Real Estate
- 27th September 2018
- Job Type
Precinct Properties New Zealand Limited, an NZX Listed company, are proud of their track-record of providing premium inner-city office space to many of the country's most successful businesses. They have over 300 clients working out of twelve landmark buildings and their portfolio provides innovative business space for over 17,000 city-workers in Auckland & Wellington.
With commercial property assets valued at $1.55 billion, Precinct has a clear focus on providing quality space and quality service. Their ambition is to develop, own and manage strategic city centre precincts and create vibrant environments with broad retail, leisure and food and beverage offerings to support their impressive commercial office portfolio.
Exciting developments that are driving opportunity for career growth within the business include; Commercial Bay, Wynyard Quarter & Bowen Campus. Precinct's focus is to establish long-term client relationships and to create spaces for their clients to thrive.
Precinct makes the most of its highly experienced management team, drawing together in-house expertise covering all real estate aspects of leasing, property management, development origination and management as well as capital management.
As an integral part of their established in-house team, Precinct is seeking a dedicated and passionate property professional based in their Auckland head office.
The role of Property Manager will have an overriding objective for maximising value through high client satisfaction levels and being accountable for an allocated portfolio of commercial assets.
Reporting to the Senior Portfolio Manager, the position offers unrivalled exposure to many of Auckland's premium office buildings as well as significant assets being added via development. This associated level of responsibility provides excellent career progression with support, training and development from many of the best in the Auckland property market. Core duties and key objectives of this 'active' property management role include:
- Maintain strong relationships with clients through regular contact and understanding their business environment
- Contribute to annual business plans for each property including income and expenditure forecasts, asset strategies and major initiatives
- Monitor property expenditure for each allocated asset
- Assist the Portfolio Manager & the Senior Portfolio Manager in developing and implementing strategic initiatives for the portfolio
- Ensure clients comply with lease obligations
- Administer all leases to ensure compliance by the owner and clients
- Keep abreast of property market trends and regulatory and legislative changes which might impact the property market
- At all times maintain high levels of communication and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders
- Maintaining a current and accurate tenancy schedule
- Administration of leases to ensure compliance by the owner and customers
- Liaising with solicitors regarding any required documentation
- Managing End of Month reporting requirements
- Ensuring Precinct's incomes are collected in accordance with lease obligations and where rental arrears arise, arrears are collected in a timely manner
- 3 - 5 years proven experience in commercial real estate with the ability to demonstrate excellent property management knowledge or a core related area such as commercial leasing or valuation
- A passion for real estate with a good understanding of feasibility and property investment fundamentals, some knowledge of the Auckland market is desirable
- Strong communication and negotiation skills ideally demonstrated through lease negotiations
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills for working with numerous stakeholders and external supplier functions
- A highly customer/client-focused individual who strives for excellence
- Self-motivated with ability to work both autonomous on key aspects of property management, and as part of a wider in-house property team
- Preferred, but not critical, tertiary qualification; ideally a bachelor degree with emphasis in property or related discipline
This is an exciting new role that affords the opportunity to work with a leading brand in the NZ property sector and expand your skills in all facets of commercial property management.
As an employee you will find Precinct's culture to be inclusive and supportive. Precinct place great importance on team health and wellbeing and offer flexibility in order for great work:life balance to be achieved.
If you're interested to learn more about this opportunity and join the team at Precinct Properties, please submit your interest via the link above. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation please contact their exclusive recruiter, Cobalt Recruitment, Christian Lawrence or Sharee Aitken on (09) 303 9093