General Manager – Property Funds
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Fund Management
- 4th May 2018
- Job Type
One of New Zealand’s most dynamic listed property companies, Augusta, is recruiting for a General Manager of Property Funds. The position is a newly created role that clearly acknowledges the rapid growth and diversification of the business towards its goal of becoming New Zealand’s leading property funds manager.
Listed on the NZX, Augusta actively manages more than $1.85b of assets including office, retail and industrial properties throughout NZ and Australia. Their diverse interests also take in tourism infrastructure and residential asset classes, both strategic growth areas for the company.
The General Manager – Property Funds position is a key senior appointment for Augusta. The role will be responsible for over-seeing the performance of the Augusta portfolio, leading the asset and development teams, and working closely with the Managing Director in originating and executing new acquisitions and opportunities for the business and its investor base.
The key accountabilities of the position require someone who is a proactive and positive leader, with a dynamic, opportunity led approach to asset and investment management strategy & execution and robust senior level experience in a listed or institutional property investment business.
Further skills, experience and attributes required for this position as follows;
- A relevant tertiary degree with emphasis on Property
- A minimum of 10+ years commercial experience in asset/funds/investment management with solid exposure to capital transactions, development, leasing and asset strategy
- Strong understanding of and experience in the NZ property market
- Demonstrated leadership experience and a proven, positive management style
- A strong network of agency relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep stakeholder management experience
- Innate sense of commercial awareness and an opportunity led mindset
- A high degree of ambition and drive
Augusta are undoubtedly one of the most active and exciting property companies operating in New Zealand. Their growth story is one of highly educated and sustained active management which has seen them rapidly expand the scale and diversity of their market offerings in line with the growth of its funds under management.
The General Manager – Property Funds position is a singular opportunity to not just participate in the forward growth story of this dynamic business but significantly influence its success.
For a confidential discussion please contact directly on +64 21 237 9037.