Commercial Operations Manager
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Corporate Property & Real Estate
- 30th April 2019
- Job Type
Crown Infrastructure Partners (CIP), formally called Crown Fibre Holdings, is a Crown-owned company that is developing and implementing commercial models that enable Government and private sector financing of bulk housing infrastructure (BHI) to significantly to support growth in the supply of housing. Having successfully completed their maiden financing transaction for a project in Milldale, Wainui, north of Auckland, which will ultimately support the building of ~9000 homes, CIP is now focused on progressing multiple BHI projects in parallel.
Following the successful close of the Milldale transaction the business is now recruiting for a Commercial Operations Manager which will manage the day to day operational aspects of this transaction.
About the role
As Commercial Operations Manager, you will be integral to the smooth management of day to day operations for this initial financing transaction and future transactions that CIP concludes.
Reporting into the Executive Manager Commercial, based in Auckland, your role will involve:
- Relationship management and issue resolution with key stakeholders involved in the transaction – internally with finance, legal and the BHI team as well as externally with financiers, landowners, advisors, Councils and developers
- Resolving any issues with developers and financiers relating to the utilisation process (i.e. debt drawdowns)
- Liaise with developers to perform operational functions in relation to land subdivision and sale processes (including compliance with AML and CCCFA obligations)
- Participate in project governance as part of broader BHI project team
- Carry out/monitor debt collection processes relating to overdue infrastructure payments
- Data management – managing detailed and complex data spreadsheets
- Preparing reporting for management, Board, Ministers and financiers
- Process improvement – sharing learnings and initiating improvements in processes and procedures for future transactions
- External relations - managing external website content and queries from landowners
- Operationalising future projects
This role has scope for growth in the future as further transactions are completed and need to be operationalised and managed.
- 8+ years’ experience in a commercial management, finance, legal or planning/property development related role
- A degree in law, finance, business or planning
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a wider team in a role that requires adaptability due to the changing environment
- Strong stakeholder management, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to process a large amount of data with accuracy
- Comfortable in the use of excel spreadsheets
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity/ uncertainty
This is a highly innovative funding model that is targeting a critical component in the housing supply equation. While the role is predominantly about executing set process it is also a new area of business that has elements of unpredictability. It requires someone that can accurately follow processes and procedures but has the agility to deal with issues and anomalies as they arise. This is a uniquely exciting and rewarding challenge for the right person.
For further information, contact Anand Ranchhod on (09) 303 9093 or email your CV to email@example.com for a confidential chat.