- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Investment
- 30th April 2019
- Job Type
Crown Infrastructure Partners (CIP), formally called Crown Fibre Holdings, is a Crown-owned company that is developing and implementing commercial models enabling Government and private sector financing of bulk housing infrastructure (BHI) to support growth in the supply of housing.
Having successfully completed their maiden financing transaction for a project in Milldale Wainui, north of Auckland, which will ultimately support the building of ~9000 homes, CIP is now focused on progressing multiple BHI projects in parallel.
To help achieve this, they are recruiting for a Commercial Manager to join the company in Auckland. The purpose of the role will be, in collaboration with the Deputy CEO and Executive Commercial Managers, to identify and prioritise project opportunities and to negotiate the BHI financing transactions.
About the role
The Commercial Manager will be deeply involved in the origination, diligence and execution of transactions. There will be close working relationships with CIP’s external advisers and internal shared services teams to achieve successful outcomes, however the ability to operate autonomously is an important requirement for this position.
- Strong project finance skills with experience in project finance transactions such as experience with PPPs and structuring, developing and implementing finance facility arrangements
- Relationship management skills with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) at a senior/mid management level
- Bachelors degree in finance or related subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills, with a focus on relationships and outcomes
- Attention to detail
- Ability to resolve issues between multiple parties with diverse interests/ different opinions
- Ability to empathise and understand stakeholder needs
- Comfortable with complex spreadsheets and manipulating data sets in Excel
The team driving this initiative are hugely motivated to provide an enduring answer to the question of how to finance bulk housing infrastructure to increase the supply of housing. This role will play a key part in realising the vast potential of their commercial models.
If you are motivated by this unique career opportunity please apply in confidence with CV attached or alternatively contact Guy Davidson directly on 09 303 9093.