- GBP26000.00 - GBP30000.00 per annum
- UK, North West
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 19th June 2018
- Job Type
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
My client is proud to work across residential developments for some of the most impressive apartments in Manchester. Due to continued growth, this company is now seeking a new Property Manager for its city centre-based office.
Core Values: Professional, reliable, straightforward, accountable. An individual who shares the same qualities as brand representation is paramount.
The successful candidate will work with a small, hardworking but sociable team to deliver an exceptional service to residents.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Property Manager is a key member of the team and is responsible for a high-quality service delivery and exceptional efficiency in running our developments in accordance with RICs and ARMA-Q best practice.
- Deliver property management service in accordance with the management contract, the block lease and RICS codes of practice.
- Deal with telephone calls from residents/lessees reporting maintenance issues and providing them with answers to enquires about the estate, always ensuring issues are closed out and advised to the resident as well as assisting in the process of issuing notices to residents.
- Dealing with correspondence letters, e-mails and voicemails. Meeting resident and client expectations through exceptional customer service.
- Liaising with internal maintenance division. Co-ordinate and make appointments throughout the day for maintenance tasks by prioritising high-risk tasks.
- Procurement of external contractors, preparing specifications, obtaining tenders and awarding contracts. Always ensuring value for money (tendering in line with company procedures).
- Valuing and approving contractor applications for payment.
- Maintain a register of all utilities and insurances and assist with the procurement for new supplies and at the time of renewal.
- Deal with pre-contract enquiries from solicitors. Dealing with legal enquiries/transfers and the submission of LPE1's.
- Ensure that the customer database remains up to date and with changes.
- Preparation of necessary reports for Property Management, Client Board and AGM's.
- Oversee day to day maintenance of leasehold properties, contracted and cyclical maintenance.
- Take responsibility and be accountable for agreed targets and policies - ensuring compliance with legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Manage on-site staff and associated relevant employment issues.
- Issue and ensure collection of service charge and ground rent arrears.
- Produce budgets, including reserve funding for the forthcoming years for Board approval.
- Manage the portfolio arrears levels and credit control procedures taking steps to meet agreed targets and understanding reasons for variations
- Carry out regular site visits to ensure all buildings are in good order. Ensure Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and that General and Fire risk assessment recommendations are implemented across the team.
- Have and continually update legal knowledge and understanding of relevant leasehold, Landlord and Tenant Act, Section 20 Notices and related lease restrictions and covenant issues.
- AIRPM or RICS qualification.
- Experience in residential property management.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Passionate about customer service excellence.
- Financial acumen.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- IT Literate (experience of using In-house systems).
- Experience of using Qube or Propman (preferable, not essential).
Benefits: Employee health & well-being benefits with cash back incentives such as dental care and optical care.
Holidays: 25 Days + Bank Holidays
The company is also committed to training, development and promoting internally wherever possible.
If this role sounds of interest then please apply online with your current CV.