Assistant Block Manager
- GBP20000.00 - GBP23000.00 per annum
- UK, North West
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 19th June 2018
- Job Type
Assistant Block Manager
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
Hours: 08:30am to 5:00pm
My client is proud to work across residential developments for some of the most impressive apartments in Manchester. Due to continued growth, this business is now seeking a new Property Manager for its city centre-based office.
Core Values: Professional, reliable, straightforward, accountable. An individual who shares the same qualities as brand representation is paramount.
The successful candidate will work with a small, hardworking but sociable team to deliver an exceptional service to residents.
- Assist the Property Managers in delivering an excellent property management service in accordance with the management contract, the block lease and RICS codes of practice.
- Assist in controlling and managing site budgets by reviewing and reporting actual expenditure against agreed block budgets.
- Understand and be able to interrogate and become an expert in using Property Management IT system.
- Carry out regular block inspections - identifying building defects, highlighting maintenance requirements and health and safety concerns - reporting these to the Property Manager and using Qube to record the results.
- Liaise with the internal maintenance division to schedule repairs and maintenance.
- Assist with the procurement of external contractors, preparing specifications, obtaining tenders.
- Monitor service contracts.
- Deal with pre-contract enquiries from solicitors.
- Attend resident's meetings with Property Managers and take and produce minutes.
- Liaise directly with leaseholders and residents regarding day-to-day management issues and how a high regard for customer service in dealing promptly with enquiries.
- Have regard for safe working whilst maintaining the highest level of personal safety and of those around.
Skills and Experience
- A full UK driving licence and your own vehicle.
- Be highly organised and able to manage a large workload.
- Experience of the Property Management industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Benefits: Employee health and well-being benefits with cash back incentives such as dental care and optical care.
Holidays: 25 Days + Bank Holidays
The company are also committed to training, development and promoting internally wherever possible.
Please apply online with your current CV if this role is of interest.