Policy & Regulatory - Senior
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Legal, In-house Legal
- 24th March 2019
- Job Type
Play a key part in the review, development and implementation of NZ's policies and regulations in relation to road safety. As our infrastructure grows and develops, so will the laws and policies around safety - so this role is a unique opportunity to contribute to how those regulations are shaped.
This is a role that requires policy/regulatory research and analysis, championing road safety as well actioning initiatives of the organisation, as well as influencing policy and process improvement outcomes.
Required in the role:
- A background of 7+ years experience in either public law, litigation, policy or regulatory work;
- A good working knowledge of the Local Government Act and an understanding of key regulations in road safety;
- Good interpersonal skills - part of the role involves liaising with and reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- A proactive person with a desire to influence positive outcomes for the organisation.
This role offers good remuneration as well as benefits, working in a close-knit team environment. This would be a good opporutnity for someone who is looking at a move in-house in a non-traditional (non-practising) quasi-legal role or someone that has been an advisor to clients within private practice in the regulatory and government policy development area.
For further information, contact Anand Ranchhod on 027 2746 186 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.