Legal Debt Recovery Manager
- NZD70000 - NZD85000 per annum
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Legal, Solicitors
- 29th September 2018
- Job Type
About the organisation & role
Our client is a leading Australasian business, based in Central Auckland, that has a position come up for a Legal Debt Recoveries Manager. This 18 month fixed term contract position has arisen as the person currently in the role is going on secondment to another role in the business but will still have involvement in overseeing this role. The role reports to the Credit Risk Manager and there is good scope for growth in the role and for the role to be made permanent at the end of the contract period. You'll be working within a high performing, fun and collaborative team, where your day to day work will involve:
- Presenting credit risk information and analysis to allow informed credit decisions to be made;
- Providing security solutions to help mitigate credit risk that suit both the business and customer;
- Investigate and analyse recovery options in insolvency using PPSA securities to maximise returns;
- Investigate and analyse recovery options for overdue debt and present and recommend cost effective solutions;
- Manage debt recovery processes;
- Provide sound advice on relevant legislation, insolvency and debt recovery utilising these services; and
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation and case law, providing updates to the business when necessary.
The ideal person would have:
- an LLB with 2+ years practising experience in litigation where part of your experience includes debt recovery, insolvency, bankruptcies and liquidation work;
- An understanding of securities and PPSA;
- Knowledge of insolvency legislation within NZ;
- An ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including external lawyers;
- Any managerial experience would be considered a bonus.
This role may ideally suit someone that is working as a litigation lawyer with relevant experience wanting to gain a foothold into a fantastic in-house role, or perhaps someone that has recently returned from overseas or looking for a flexible working option after returning from parental leave. Whatever your situation, enquire now to find out more about this unique opportunity that has prospects for your own growth and development within the organisation.
For further information, contact Anand Ranchhod on 027 2746 186 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or click 'APPLY' now.