Inhouse- Legal Counsel
- Asia, Singapore
- Legal, In-house Legal
- 7th May 2019
- Job Type
Cobalt is partnering InfraCo Asia Development (IAD) on an exclusive basis to hire a Legal Counsel to join their legal team in Singapore as part of their expansion.
IAD is a leading infrastructure investment and development company focused on the South and South East Asia regions. They take early stage equity stakes in developments and work with partners to develop the projects all the way to financial close or commercial operation. With strong financial backing, IAD has invested in numerous projects across the entire infrastructure space including power, energy and transportation to name a few.
The Legal Counsel will provide legal, compliance and risk management support to both InfraCo Asia's internal Management Team and its contracted Developer Teams. Specific areas of focus will include general corporate and shareholder matters, project development and financing, co-investments and divestments, developer services and compliance & risk management.
This role will entail reviewing, commenting and drafting critical legal documents; including funding and shareholder agreements, finance agreements, lease agreements, MOU, JDA, RFP, NDA, POA, and consultancy agreements.
Specific activities undertaken by the Legal Counsel will include liaising with and managing external legal counsel (local and overseas); managing company secretariat matters as required; closely monitoring compliance and risk management programs for developers, co-developers and InfraCo Asia, with a special focus on obligations under developer services agreements or in respect to joint ventures; and managing risk and compliance audits.
- Recognized law degree with 4 to 6 years of relevant legal and compliance experience
- Experience working in or supporting a diversity of Asia regional and global emerging markets. Experience in private equity, infrastructure development or infrastructure financing is advantageous.
- Proven ability to apply sound, principled, and consistent judgement in diverse and challenging
- Excellent project management skills: Well-organized and efficient, able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under deadline.
- Mature, able to work independently and self-manage competing priorities under deadline with minimal supervision as part of in-person and virtual teams.
- Adept in a culturally diverse environment with a demonstrated competence in managing and resolving conflicts between multiple parties across geographical locations.
- Superior stakeholder engagement skills, able to communicate clearly and effectively with key stakeholders and team members in both oral and written English.
- Strong appreciation and passion for PIDG and InfraCo Asia's mandate, with a strong work ethic and desire to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment is essential.
License No 12C6031 / EA Reg ID R1325169