Personal Assistant to Managing Director: Temporary - Permanent
- GBP32000 - GBP35000 per annum
- UK, London
- HR & Business Support, Business Support
- 2nd May 2019
- Job Type
Cobalt are seeking an experienced Personal Assistant to support the Managing Director of a highly respectable Property Company based in Marylebone.
This opportunity would suit a pro-active self starter, who thrives in a busy and challenging environment.
You will be available to start this role as soon as possible with it being initially on a temporary basis, with the view to go permanent should you be successful.
The organisation requires a professional and efficient personal assistant, with the ability to manage an extremely heavy workload and be open to working flexible hours to accommodate the needs of the Managing Director and the rest of the organisation. The core hours for this role are 9am-6pm, however you need to be prepared to stay on should you be required.
You will be a hard-working, personable, switched-on individual. Who will be required to cover all the usual PA duties such as typing, diary management, courier and flight bookings. The role is extremely varied with both personal and business matters needing to be dealt with.
It is a fast-paced environment with certain days which can be very busy and therefore the candidate must be unflappable and able to cope under pressure. The days as a result are always action packed and there is never a dull moment!
The individual needs to be confident and be able to work with different personalities in a challenging environment.
- To sort and prioritise incoming post and electronic mail. Where appropriate responding to incoming mail
- Word processing of letters, agendas, minutes and reports
- Diary management for the MD (electronically, using Microsoft Outlook), including arranging all appointments and managing a bring-forward system
- Attending meetings and taking minutes if required
- Arranging travel, obtaining all relevant paperwork for trips and providing itineraries
- To organise meetings and appointments, book venues, and make any other arrangements as necessary
- To organise client hospitality and events including the Company Christmas Party
- To answer all telephone calls for the Managing Director and log all calls
- To deal with general telephone enquiries appropriately (these may be confidential and sometimes urgent)
- To ensure that all telephone, email and personal enquiries/callers are responded to promptly and courteously, and that messages are recorded and passed on with minimum delay
- Organising and setup of conference calls
- To maintain an efficient filing and record keeping system ensuring that items are readily accessible
- Assisting in certain project / research work that may be required from time to time
- Writing letters & emails from dictation
Key Skills Required
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Typing speed of at least 65 WPM and the ability to follow dictation
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to listen and follow instructions
- Robust personality
- Well-spoken and well presented
- Excellent grammar, IT and letter writing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written & Orally
- Confident telephone manner.
- Energy and enthusiasm