Research Associate - China
- Asia, Shanghai
- Financial Services, Investment Banking
- 24th December 2018
- Job Type
The business is currently looking to add another member to their Corporate Development team to focus on identifying themes and future opportunities within China in order to help their portfolio grow, particularly with capital to still invest. This role will be autonomous and report directly to the Head of the team.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining an in-depth knowledge base in order to identify new trends in technology, leading to investment recommendations moving forward.
- Distilling the complex technological wording in order to deliver a clear commercial recommendation as to why such an area would be a good investment.
- Participate in the execution of due diligence to determine the relevance of investment and the accuracy of the relevant IP related to the technology.
- Support certain portfolio monitoring as required.
- 3-5 years' experience working in a research related capacity, ideally in relation to advising businesses on strategy and investment.
- Master's Degree in Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. Candidates that hold a Ph.D. will be strongly preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to distil complex technological principles in order to supplement investment decisions.
- Fluency in Mandarin due to the nature of the work required of this individual.
Reg No: R1873132
Lic No: 12C6031