Japanese speaking Infrastructure Private Equity Vice President
- Negotiable + Highly competitive + bonus + carry
- Asia, Hong Kong
- Financial Services, Private Equity/Principal Investment
- 6th November 2019
- Job Type
Our client is an international and highly regarded infrastructure private equity group. Having built a leading Investment Team, the business has been highly successful in developing a multibillion portfolio of assets across all infrastructure asset classes including power, energy, utilities and transportation to name a few.
As the business continues to rapidly invest, there is a need to hire a Japanese-speaking Vice President for their Hong Kong team to lead the execution of investments predominantly within the North Asian renewable energy market. This is an excellent opportunity for a Japanese-speaking principal investment or investment banking professional to join an active fund where you can build an impressive deal sheet along with career advancement.
The VP will:
- Lead the execution of investments in North Asia, taking responsibility for overseeing the financial analysis, due diligence and coordinate advisory parties.
- Present investment opportunities to the Investment Committee.
- Have a global mandate with more of a focus on deals in North Asia.
- Support senior management with the origination of opportunities whilst taking on more business development responsibilities over time.
- Regularly interact and liaise with senior management of portfolio companies, assisting them with strategy and operational development as well as hiring needs as and when necessary.
- Work on investments across the infrastructure space but with more of a focus on the renewable energy market.
- Have the opportunity to develop within the business and to regularly invest,
Interested candidates must;
- Be currently sitting in a Vice President or equivalent position within either an infrastructure investment group or bulge bracket investment bank.
- Have a strong deal track record having closed investments within the infrastructure space and have good exposure to the renewable energy market in North Asia.
- Possess very strong and all-round technical skills set with the ability to build financial models from scratch.
- Be fluent in English and Japanese.
- Hold a business, finance, engineering or equivalent degree from a highly regarded university.
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Be highly driven and eager to learn and do deals.
The criteria listed above will be strictly applied. If you feel you meet the requirements, you are respectfully requested to submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Lic No: 12C6031
Reg. No: R1764400
Cobalt are specialists in the infrastructure space.
Cobalt Consulting (Asia) Pte Limited | License No. 12C6031