Head of Infrastructure Investment - Switzerland
- Negotiable + Competitive salary, bonus + carry
- UK, London
- Financial Services, Private Equity/Principal Investment
- 11th February 2020
- Job Type
Our client is a highly regarded and rapidly growing asset manager based in Switzerland. Having only been established for a number of years, they have developed a multibillion dollar portfolio of assets across real estate, private equity and private credit.
As the business continues to rapidly grow, there is a need to hire a Head of Infrastructure in Switzerland to establish and grow an infrastructure fund with a key focus on investing in the European renewable energy market. The successful candidate will lead on establishing the investment strategy, growing a team and leading the origination and execution of investments across Europe. This is an outstanding opportunity for a senior infrastructure investment professional to establish and grow a fund from scratch with full backing from the senior management and group.
The Head of Infrastructure will:
- Will report directly to the CEO of the group, taking responsibility for developing and implementing the investment strategy for the new infrastructure fund with a key focus on the renewable energy market in Europe.
- Use seed capital to build a track record whilst working with the Capital Raising team to raise a significant fund from the group's investors / Limited Partners.
- Regularly interact with banks, sponsors and industry professionals to originate and generate investment leads in Europe.
- Lead the execution of processes, overseeing the financial analysis, due diligence, valuations and presenting opportunities to the Investment Committee.
- Sit on and regularly attend Board meetings as well as working with the senior management of portfolio companies to achieve growth through strategic and operational improvements.
- Regularly interact and liaise with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Build and oversee a small Investment Team, providing training to junior members of the team as and when necessary.
Interested candidates must:
- Be currently heading or sitting in a senior level capacity within an infrastructure investment fund.
- Have an in-depth understanding and deal experience in the European infrastructure market with exposure to the renewable energy market.
- Possess an exceptionally strong and all round technical skill set with proven experience in originating and executing deals.
- Hold a finance, business, engineering or related degree from a highly regarded university.
- Be fluent in English as well as German or French and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be highly entrepreneurial, professional and driven to build a strong infrastructure fund.
The criteria listed above will be strictly applied. If you feel you meet the requirements, you are respectfully requested to submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Cobalt are specialists in the Infrastructure Investment market.