Associate - Operations and Credit Risk
- UK, London
- Financial Services, Risk Management & Compliance
- 25th September 2018
- Job Type
The successful candidate will be involved in the businesses day-to-day management of risk mitigation strategies associated with the overall operations. The role will work closely with colleagues in other governance functions in London and U.S. and be accountable for monitoring and executing controls across the enterprise.
Responsibilities and priorities include:
- Work closely with the different business units of the company to achieve a common understanding of the key features and operational requirements
- Conduct periodic operational control audits of both the European and US Business lines.
- Identify gaps and propose solutions via reports to Head of Operational Risk to mitigate potential risks and efficiency in day-to-day operations.
- Support the global Vendor Management program
- Support the global Business Continuity program
- Participate as requested in the on-going review and updates of the companies Policy & Procedures and Business Workflows to ensure they evolve with any operational changes.
- Attendance of and document decisions for internal European Credit Committee and Annual Reviews. Assist in the information gathering and completion of the annual and mid-year rating agency data tapes for Rating Agencies.
- Assist on various projects for an assessment of operational risks faced as and when required.
Required Experience to include, but not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance desirable
- Experience in financial industry risk or controls, compliance or audit functions
- Experience within the Commercial Real Estate, Loan Servicing or Asset Management industry
- Familiarity with Operational Risk regulatory requirements and industry practices
- Familiarity with Business Continuity Planning and/or 3rd Party due diligence advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to manage workloads and prioritize deliverables, ability to be flexible
- Able to act operationally while understanding the strategic goals of the function
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage relationships and influence Business Unit Managers and other risk and compliance colleagues