Head of Engineering
- SGD15000 - SGD25000 per month
- Asia, Singapore
- Engineering, Fintech & Proptech
- 21st August 2019
- Job Type
Our client is a South-East Asian holding company focused on food and agriculture. Its companies combine a strong commitment to logistic and infrastructure with deep domestic and international understanding to realise the potential of businesses and people across the region.
High visibility position that requires seasoned and well-rounded candidate with experience in Lean and Design for Manufacturing techniques. In this role you will lead the engineering design of safe, competitive, and regulatory compliant capital projects, as well as to improve existing facilities to achieve world-class efficient, reliable, and right operational setups for the market.
Additionally you will partner with logistics / supply chain, sales & marketing, IT, manufacturing, and quality to establish platforms, product & services support management, and to enable sustainable continuous improvement value creation across our network. This role is responsible for implementing and maintaining Lean operations and processes, and other advanced engineering and manufacturing methodologies, technology, and systems.
Technical (Engineering) Design & Standard Leadership:
- Establish and supervise overall group manufacturing technology & engineering standards
- Lead strategy and roadmap for new technologies and processes.
- Development of feasibility, engineering strategy, deliverable, conceptual, basic, detail package in coordination with capital project manager, sourcing, and external engineering service providers.
- Integrate input and best practices as well as lessons learned from all disciplines into the engineering design.
- Champion Continuous Improvement of Engineering Function
Engineering Planning and Control:
- Manage and direct the external engineering firms and vendors.
- Develop the engineering services scope of work and bid package to support project objectives.
- Oversee engineering activities and quality in the different discipline prior to and post construction phase, including to ensure application of all required corrective actions in the engineering field.
To be successful you will be/have
- A Strategic Leader with a combination of technical knowledge with business functions, and operations management.
- A Strong decision maker with clear delivery and vision to achieve change.
- The ability to develop strong relationships and work collaboratively at all levels within the organisation and with senior level executives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, BioSystem), Engineering Management, or Engineering Operations related discipline is required. MBA desired.
- Strong project management skills, able to work independently as a sponsor and a team leader on multiple projects.
- Experience in establishing and achieving short- and long-range goals on an individual and team basis. self-starter with a high energy level.
- Prefer Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Proven leadership skills including: team building, collaborating, accountability, strategic and innovative thinking
- Knowledge of business functions within the enterprise.
- Experience in leading kaizen workshops in the areas of 5S, standard work, visual management, daily management.
If you feel like this role describes your career aspirations then please forward a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Aji Abu at +65 6800 7926 for a detailed discussion on the role.
Reg no R1442429 Licence No 12C6031
Cobalt Consulting (Asia) Pte Limited | License No. 12C6031