Senior Quantity Surveyor
- NZD120000 - NZD150000 per annum
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Cost Management/Quantity Surveying
- 26th June 2019
- Job Type
This Consultancy is the global leader for full service real estate worldwide, servicing real estate owners, investors and occupiers across 44 countries. At a local level, the New Zealand business has built a very strong reputation which was acknowledged when they were awarded the World's Best Property Consultancy for 2014.
One aspect of the Consultancy's service offering in New Zealand is Property Tax Depreciation. Stemming from significant existing opportunity amongst its client base, and absolute belief in the growth potential of this business line, they now require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to take ownership and responsibility for the Tax Depreciation services based out of the central Auckland office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to step into a lead role for a highly promising service line with the full support of a major global organisation. The role will be working closely with the existing Australian team and the National Director responsible for this business unit in New Zealand.
- There will be elements of traditional cost management involved including cost plans, estimates and measurements of quantities.
- Preparation of fixed asset registers and depreciation schedules across the ownership cycle.
- Providing purchaser asset cost analysis
- Reinstatement cost assessments
- Site inspections both locally and internationally in Australia
- Developing client relationships directly and through existing company relationships
You will also be responsible for taking on a business development role utilising other service lines relationships and marketing your services to the market. This warm desk opportunity will provide the initial momentum for the business ensuring immediate fee writing opportunities.
This unique role is for an individual who is commercially minded, entrepreneurial and who aspires to driving a highly successful service line within a world class business.
You will also have:
- A relevant qualification in quantity surveying, construction economics and accreditation.
- Experience in tax depreciation is desirable but is not mandatory and the company is willing to invest in training for the right person.
- Strong leadership and competent in negotiation and client relationship building
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to produce high quality reports.
A competitive salary is on offer for the right individual plus a very rewarding commission scheme. This is a seriously attractive opportunity where you can put your skills to the test in a fast paced, engaging market environment and enjoy the career upside that comes with being the person that grows a successful business unit for a global company.
This position as well as your application will be treated with strict confidence. For more information, please contact Camille Krishna on (09) 303 9093