Senior Development Manager - £50+ million London office
- GBP75000.00 - GBP85000.00 per annum + Pension, health, exceptional bonus
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Development
- 26th November 2019
- Job Type
Senior Development Manager - Landmark £50+ million London office development
Our client are a leading global investor, developer and operator with a multi-billion-pound asset portfolio primarily within the commercial office, residential, mixed-use retail and hospitality sector. Due to further expansion in the UK they are looking for a dynamic Development Manager to join their London team and take the lead role on a large £50+ million new build office.
The successful applicant will be an integral member of the team and a key contributor on high profile developments including both refurbishment and new build activities across the London Estate.
£70,000 - £85,000 + leading benefits and bonus package
The successful Senior Development Manager will be joining a dynamic business with over £200 million of current development and an established office asset portfolio. Their asset base is split into existing estate refurbishment and this role which will be within the new development division. The initial role will be to take the lead on delivering a £50+ million mixed-use office and retail development from demolition to completion over a two year period. The development is an interesting façade retention, 10 storey central London scheme that will be starting on site demolition in January. The Senior Development Manager will work with the existing team to lead the project from from demolition to completion, appoint the full professional team and build contractors after the initial demolition and then lead the delivery through the build and CAT A fit-out working alongside the asset management team.
The business have a small development team and therefore they are looking for a dynamic individual with good commercial acumen who is keen to take ownership of a key scheme and report into senior stakeholders within the business. The business has an exceptional culture and future growth plans with the opportunity to travel globally within the business or diversify into their other asset sectors.
Key duties will include:
- Execute the development strategy to optimise the site to ensure value.
- Be accountable for the development procurement strategy and tendering in line with the group's protocols.
- Take responsibility for appointments including architects, quantity surveyors and planning consultants, ensuring that planning calculations, design and initial feasibility are accurate.
- Work collaboratively with the Asset Management team and external stakeholders
- Manage scheme budgets and report on costs as required
- Chartered MAPM / MRICS or equivalent preferable but not essential.
- Degree in Project Management or Real Estate
- Good experience in delivering new build office projects above £30 million
- Experience with traditional forms of contract
- Commercially astute with good leadership and communication skills
For further information and to apply for the role please send you CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org reference JN-112019-68893