Senior Civil Engineer/Team Leader
- NZD100000 - NZD140000 per annum
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 3rd July 2019
- Job Type
Large subdivisions. Strong project pipeline. Varied projects. 360 degree project management. Autonomy. These are the first words that come to mind when thinking about this client. Renown for their strong growth over the past few years as well as their impeccable delivery standards, our client continues the upward trajectory in 2019 and are now expanding to add a new office to the business in Hamilton. Searching far and wide, they are currently on the hunt for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer or Project Manager (with a civil engineering background) looking for that next step up into managing their own office.
In this role, you will play a key senior strategic role within the business tasked with the set up and profitability of the new office as well as scoping out new opportunities to further build on the current project pipeline. It's not all board meetings and budgets however, as you will be an integral part of the engineering team, acting as a team leader. This is in a 360 degree capacity where you will ensure both you and your team's projects are completed on time and to budget.
To be successful in this role, you the ideal candidate possess the following:
- A CPEng qualification
- Experience managing a team of engineers/drafters
- Have a background in civil engineering - land development
- Business development skills
- Brilliant communication skills - both verbal and written
The ideal candidate will be:
- A go-getter - not afraid to chase an promising opportunity
- Able to communicate plans effectively to colleagues and staff
- A brilliant listener - to staff and clients alike
- A leader at heart - able to motivate staff and exemplify our client's company culture
On offer is a highly competitive salary with a well-known name in the industry and the ability to progress your career with a company that has a history of internal promotion. Working with arguably some of the best in the business and with ongoing training/support provided, you will have the opportunity to consistently grow your knowledge within the land development sector. This opportunity is not one to be missed and is sure to be snapped up soon.
For questions, get in touch with our Engineering Recruitment Consultant, Varshaa Veerakumar, today at email@example.com or on 027 274 3203