- NZD110000.00 - NZD120000.00 per annum + + vehicle + health insurance
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Construction Management
- 29th October 2019
- Job Type
A business providing subcontractor carpentry on a labour-only basis, and one of the Country's employers of choice, are looking for an Auckland based leader to oversee region operations, manage client relationships, train and support a performing team and any administration and financial requirements. This business sits under a larger umbrella with a well known main contractor specialising in commercial construction, who are a family orientated company with high standards and abide by quality and integrity at all times.
Through looking out for themselves and their team, this company differs from their competitors. All employees are set clear expectations which are both achievable and positive. This starts with recruitment, continues with comprehensive performance reviews and is well maintained through on-the-job guidance and support. This role will play a key part in this process, to train and develop staff to be accountable and relied upon in the industry. Their goal is to be a preferred supplier for clients in the Construction game!
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee region operations, allocating staff to sites
- Maintain sites with a particular focus on quality and health and safety
- Manage client relationships, developing new opportunities
- Conduct regular health and safety inspections
- Manage the activities of operations, financial, and administration
- Develop a regional business plan
- Manage a high performing team
- Oversee contract agreements
Skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field, Quantity Surveying would be an advantage
- Proven leadership experience in the construction industry
- Hand's on, coming from a trade background
- Ability to maintain and build client and stakeholder relationships
- A commercial thinker who encourages initiative and accountability
- Ability to manage competing priorities to achieve desired outcomes
Be part of leading an ambitious team and company, with the flexibility to drive change and productivity, to continue to develop as a leader across the industry. Please apply now to be considered for this role, or call the Construction team on 09 303 9093.