Maintenance Services Manager
- GBP45000 - GBP52000 per annum
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Facilities Management
- 24th April 2019
- Job Type
Cobalt Recruitment are working with a University in London to source a Maintenance Manager, paying up to £52k salary.
Our client is looking for a dynamic manager with experience in the building trade, to work closely with the Head of Maintenance and Engineering. You will directly manage three Maintenance Supervisors and through them their teams, undertaking all associated processes and procedures related to staff management.
You will be able to:
- Manage and take control of all work requests regarding maintenance and repairs to allocate work as appropriate to the team.
- Keep clear records of all works being carried out by the maintenance team and contractors and ensure that best practise is followed in terms of productivity and quality.
- Be involved in meetings as appropriate and deputise for the Head of Maintenance and Engineering as required and when requested.
- Use the Building Management energy System (BMeS) to monitor building plant and equipment for system performance and energy savings and to report, respond and aid in the rectification of all faults in buildings.
- Manage, lead, motivate and mentor an appropriate mix of in-house technical skills maintenance team to maximise the site response and productivity and report directly to Head of Maintenance and Engineering on progress and performance.
- Manage and support the maintenance supervisors of the day to day maintenance, repairs, PPM's and reactive works and to allocate work to the maintenance team members including the deployment of both direct labour and sub-contracts.
- Support the Estates and Facilities team in inducting all external contractors to ensure value for money and compliance with all Health and Safety regulations.
You will have/be:
- Degree level or qualification or equivalent
- Qualified Engineer (in an appropriate area)
- Proven experience in this area of work with building maintenance
- Experience of working in a maintenance and repairs environment
- Experience of managing maintenance teams within a live environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the applications of Health and Safety Management principles, including the current IEE Regulations
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
If this is something of interest or you would like to have a more detailed conversation about the position, please apply for the role or contact Connor Humpage on 020 7478 2554.