Freelance Quantity Surveyor
- GBP350 - GBP375 per day
- UK, Kent
- Construction & Engineering, Commercial Management
- 30th October 2018
- Job Type
Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor - Main Contractor
Rate: £350 - £375 per day ltd
Duration: Anticipated 12 months
A Main Contractor is seeking a freelance Senior Quantity Surveyor for a significant project in Kent. We are seeking expressions of interest from Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors with extensive experience on similar schemes with scope of work including piling, culverts, bridges and general infrastructure.
This role would be perfect for an individual with a demonstrable track record of cost control, forecasting, reporting and managing subcontracts for main contractor on substantial projects. The form of contract is NEC so you must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of this form.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be:
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect the contractual position (Main, Sub-Contracts and consultancy agreements)
- Cost and Value management
- Recording and assisting with management of change and variation
To be successful in this role, it is anticipated that you:
-Have extensive and demonstrable experience in pricing in civils and highways under NEC contracts
-Hold a minimum of an HNC qualification in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
-Ideally be Chartered or near completing your MRICS or MInstCES
Cobalt Recruitment London is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.