Contracts Administrator - Clientside
- Negotiable + Bonus
- Waikato, other
- Construction & Engineering, Cost Management/Quantity Surveying
- 22nd July 2019
- Job Type
Cobalt Recruitment is working exclusively with our client who is responsible for the delivery of the critical piece of social infrastructure in the Waikato region. With the project being delivered as a PPP the role of Contract Administrator is available within the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), responsible for the successful design, build, financing and maintenance of the facility.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Contract Administrator will provide commercial support for the project and take a lead role in the administration of the various contracts.
Key accountabilities include:
- Acting as key point of contact with the client and project D&C Contractor and advisors
- Implement upstream and downstream reporting on all sub contracts and ancillary contracts
- Providing contract issue resolution, both internally and externally
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements
- Develop and maintain risk management policies and reporting
- Co-ordinate the submission of reports for PCG meetings
- Performance monitoring and management of sub-contractors
- Identification and management of key project issues and risks from a commercial/contractual perspective.
The successful candidate requires the following attributes
- 5+ years' experience with quantifiable results in complex contract negotiation, administration and management
- Relevant professional qualifications in engineering, Quantity Surveying or construction
- Experience in the delivery of major projects, PPP exposure beneficial but not essential
- High attention to detail and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercial understanding of design and construction process's
- Energetic and motivated by the challenge of project delivery
- Strong understanding of the New Zealand construction industry.
Understanding that this is a quite unique role and could suit people from various construction related sectors (main contractors, PQS firms, clientside etc) with a commercial and contractual focus inquiries in the first instance should be directed to Andrew Stevenson at Cobalt Recruitment on +64 27 274 3525 or email@example.com