- NZD110000 - NZD140000 per annum
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Building Surveying
- 26th June 2019
- Job Type
This Consultancy is the global leader for full service real estate worldwide, servicing real estate owners, investors and occupiers across 44 countries. At a local level, the New Zealand business has built a very strong reputation which was acknowledged when they were awarded the World's Best Property Consultancy for 2014.
One aspect of the Consultancy's service offering in New Zealand is Building Surveying. Stemming from significant existing opportunity amongst its client base, and absolute belief in the growth potential of this business line, they now require a Building Surveyor to be based out of the central Auckland office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to step into a superior role for a highly promising service line with the full support of a major global organisation. This unique role is for an individual who is commercially minded, entrepreneurial and who aspires to driving a highly successful service line within a world class business.
- Prioritise daily affairs to effectively accommodate site inspections, networking activities, and ongoing communications with active client base
- Carry out building inspections and prepare reports under the guidance of Director
- Interpret plans, regulations and codes of practice and advise clients accordingly
- Prepare proposals, submissions and reports for all inspected properties
- Ensure that reports and general correspondence are prepared within the company guidelines and to a standard that is satisfactory to the Building Consultancy department
- Liaise with councils, vendors solicitors and the like to collect and collate information as required
- Inspect work and materials for compliance and specifications, regulations and standards and report on findings
- Be aware of changing legislation and circumstances which impact on providing the most current and accurate advice to clients and to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Promote the broader business when dealing with clients and to be aware of cross selling opportunities within the business and action appropriately
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of current trends in construction and other technical and environmental demands on buildings;
- Superior organizational skills and ability to work to strict deadlines
- Demonstrate confidence and maturity in communication and the ability to build effective relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to remain focused;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Degree in building surveying or equivalent qualification
- You must have Minimum 5 years previous building, depreciation and cost consultancy experience
- Hold a current membership with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and/or the New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors (NZIBS)
- Prior building consultancy experience is essential, with an ability to write and maintain project documentation
A competitive salary is on offer for the right individual plus a very rewarding company culture.
This is a seriously attractive opportunity where you can put your skills to the test in a fast paced, engaging market environment and enjoy the career upside that comes with being the person that grows a successful business unit for a global company.
This position as well as your application will be treated with strict confidence. For more information, please contact Camille Krishna on (09) 303 9093
Cobalt Consulting (Asia) Pte Limited | License No. 12C6031