- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Safety/Quality/Controls/Acceptance of Construction Work
- 31st May 2019
- Job Type
Cobalt Recruitment are working with a University in London to source an Asbestos Manager on a permanent basis, paying up to £55k.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe management of asbestos containing materials and ensuring contractors and directly employment staff are working safely through the provision of suitable training, effective procedures and the administration of the University's Electronic Asbestos Register.
You will have/be:
- Up to date knowledge of Asbestos Health and Safety legislation, Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance.
- Experience of preparing and delivering relevant asbestos training to a diverse range of people.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to advise, support, challenge and explain complex information to multiple stakeholders and to form strong working relationships with colleagues.
- The ability to provide professional advice and guidance to the Estates and Facilities Directorate regarding remedial works associated with maintenance works, capital projects and other intrusive type works.
- The ability to plan, programme and organise asbestos management surveys of all buildings required, ensuring all ACM's are regularly inspected and controlled across the University's building portfolio.
You will have/be:
- Degree in appropriate Science/Environmental or HNC in Building or Engineering
- NEBOSH General Certificate (Diploma is desired)
- CoCA/CCP (desired)
- BOHS P407, P405, P404, P403 and P402
- Professional membership of relevant organisations (i.e Faculty of Asbestos Assessment and Management (FAAM), Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) etc)
- Significant experience of Asbestos management, risk assessments and report writing with specialist skills gained through significant experience
- Experience of developing and implementing Asbestos Management systems and of actioning non-compliance issues
- An understanding of the key essentials on Asbestos management and an understanding of how to manage Asbestos in a large organisation
For a confidential discussion please contact Connor Humpage on 0207 478 2554.