Senior Financial Accountant - Financial Services
- GBP250 - GBP400 per day
- UK, London
- Accounting, Fund Accounting
- 18th September 2018
- Job Type
Our client is one of the most highly respected financial services businesses in Europe.
The role will sit within businesses Group Technical Accounting team. The key responsibilities of the roles are to own the monthly trial balance preparation process and assist with ongoing projects . There are in the region of 80 additional trial balances which are required as part of this process. Most of these trial balances are Annuity Funds. The roles may include providing additional support to the Group Funds Accounting Team during the transition period.
- Preparation of end to end IFRS trial balances
- Data integrity checks.
- Comparison and analysis between Client Fund level trial balances and Client Fund Group level trial balance.
- Liaise with Project team to ensure that the trial balances meet the requirements.
- Sound knowledge of accounting (UK GAAP & IFRS), together with broad experience of the industry
- In depth understanding of financial products including Annuity/ Derivatives/ Fixed income
- Excellent attention to detail, effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative and to manage their own workload
- CA/ACCA/ CIMA qualified
- If you are part qualified, you may be suitable for a slightly more junior role within the team