Payroll Officer - FTC
- GBP40000.00 - GBP45000.00 per annum
- UK, London
- Accounting, Purchase Ledger/Sales Ledger
- 18th September 2019
- Job Type
The team are friendly and work as a close unit, providing an excellent service to the professional fee earners (chartered surveyors). The successful candidate will be active in the payroll function and have thorough knowledge of payroll and associated legislation.
This is a 6 month contract with the potential to become a permanent position.
Roles and responsibilities
- Processing monthly payroll from end to end for approximately 700 staff. Also assist with another monthly payroll of approximately 1,000 where required using ADP Freedom.
- Reconciliation of payroll control and benefit related balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation and reporting to HMRC for year-end benefits P11D AND PAYE settlement agreement on annual basis.
- Payment of disbursements for Tax, National Insurance, Pension, Give as You Earn and Attachment of Earnings.
- Assist with the provision/ analysis of data.
- General queries from employees, Revenue and other Government bodies.
- Advise HR Business Partners/ People Services Team on payroll related matters as & when required.
- Assist the Finance Team with payroll related queries.
- Maintains a partnership with the payroll vendor providing oversight, monitoring and approvals of payroll.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors and dealing with any issues as they arise.
- Continuously drive for process improvement of the payroll function.
- In depth 'end to end' payroll experience, including year-end processing and statutory payments and deductions.
- Comfortable with manual calculations.
- Thorough understanding of pension legislation including Auto-Enrolment.
- Previous exposure to flexible benefits and payroll impact.
- Advanced knowledge of ADP Freedom.
- Good IT skills essential, including Advanced Excel and MS Word.
- Excellent accuracy
- Accustomed to working in a highly confidential and fast moving environment
- Strong interpersonal skills will be required to communicate at all levels across the company
- Good IT skills
- Strong time management skills of working towards tight deadlines.