- GBP35000 - GBP45000 per annum + Benefits
- UK, London
- Accounting, Corporate Accounting
- 21st January 2020
- Job Type
An opportunity has become available at a Pan-European Investment Manager, who are seeking a part-qualified individual to join their Investment Team. Since their formation the firm have raised multiple real estate funds, working closely with investors in over 20 countries across Europe.
This opportunity would suit someone with strong accounts preparation experience from a leading practice or a similar real estate firm. This role will be working closely with one of the Senior Associates across their European SPV's.
- Responsible for assistance and management of the quarterly reviews of management accounts
- Assisting with the review of the year-end financial statements for Luxembourg SPVs which are prepared under Luxembourg GAAP as well as UK SPV's prepared under UK GAAP;
- Assisting in preparing accounting statement of investment valuation based on third party appraisal and accounting information resulting from draft financial statements; and
- Liaising and assisting with relevant parties in respect of financial queries;
- Ensuring management accounts are reviewed in timely manner to meet internal and external deadlines (audits, banks, company secretarial deadlines, tax & VAT administrations, JVP, etc.)
- Assisting the Asset Managers upon request in preparing ad monitoring the cash-flows and budgets.
- Assistance with preparing Corporation and Non-resident Landlord tax computations, and liaising with tax advisors with regards to any queries.
- Ensuring tax returns are filed and payments are made in a timely manner to meet HMRC deadlines, including calling and liaising with HMRC where required.
- Periodic forecasting of tax liability for Quarterly Instalment Payments for UK Corporation tax payers.
- Overseeing the filing of the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) returns, where relevant.
- Reviewing periodic UK VAT returns.
- Monitoring bank accounts for individual property projects.
- Making sure Invoice schedule are prepared in time and approve payments processed; and
- Liaising with banks to assist with payments, and other ad hoc duties.
- Proactive, with a desire to develop their knowledge in real estate and private equity and a willingness to develop and learn.
- Part-qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant, with a good level of accounting and tax knowledge.
- 1-2 years of experience in a financial reporting or management accounting role.
- Strong Excel skills essential.
- Thoughtful approach to problem solving and a strong attention to detail.
- Organised with good communications skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage conflicting deadlines.