Interim Cost Accountant - FP&A Team
- GBP225 - GBP250 per day
- UK, London
- Accounting, Corporate Accounting
- 5th September 2018
- Job Type
We are currently assisting one of Uk's largest investment managers for the appointment of a Cost Accountant within the FP&A team. This role sits within the Distribution Channel Analysis (DCA) team to provide support to Distribution and Marketing Business partners and to the DCA team.
- Provide accurate actual and rolling forecast costs for Distribution and Marketing departments to required deadlines
- Book accruals, prepayments and adjustments as part of the month end process.
- Review monthly Distribution and Marketing actuals in their totality.
- Liaise with HR on open recruitment and update Hyperion workforce cube. Support the recruitment process as required.
- Play an active role in annual business planning by collecting and reviewing forecast information from the Distribution and Marketing Finance Business Partners and updating in Hyperion.
- Update and review control checks to ensure accuracy of information held in Hyperion.
- Report actual expenditure and rolling forecast costs to the Distribution and Marketing Finance Business Partners. Review and challenge variances.
- Respond to queries relating to actuals and workforce rolling forecast using understanding of departmental costs.
- Highlight variance overspends requiring sign off by the Approvals Policy.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations for cost related balance sheet accounts.
- Provide cost information to International, tax and statutory reporting teams, as required.
- Maintain the authority panels in Aria for expense and invoice limits. Provide reports for annual sign off.
- Review chart of account cost related requests and initiate updates required from agreed changes.
- Build and maintain effective relationships and communication channels with Finance teams and HR.
- Continuously seek to develop and improve processes within the team and promote knowledge sharing across Finance, providing technical expertise as required.
- Maintain procedure notes in line with process improvements.
- Assist DCA team with channel reporting production on an ad hoc basis.
- Understand and manage tightly controlled processes with good attention to detail
- Work accurately under pressure using excellent planning and organisation skills
- Work well with systems and Excel
- Identify problems and drive them through to resolution
- Improve processes and implement change
- Work as part of a mutually supportive team using strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Part qualified/newly qualified accountant
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of Hyperion and SUN
Our client is keen to review profiles as soon as possible so please do apply with an up to date copy of your CV.