- GBP50000.00 - GBP55000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
- UK, London
- Accounting, Corporate Accounting
- 28th September 2018
- Job Type
£50 - £55k
We are working with an international US Law firm who are looking for a Financial Accountant to join the EMEA team in the Central London office.
Within this well-known and reputable firm, you will report into an impressive Financial Controller who needs a Financial Accountant to take ownership of the production and consolidation of the statutory accounts for the UK and European registered entities.
Due to expansion across the regions, as well as the companies mantra in promoting internal progression, the successful candidate can expect clear and timely progression within their first 2 years.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for all UK registered entities (3 LLPs and 5 Limited companies including four consolidated set of accounts with the entities including various investments, subsidiaries in France/Poland/Finland/Sweden/Czech Republic/ Italy)
- This will involve working closely with Financial Controller and Head of Accounting in EMEA and Finance Managers in various offices.
- Maintaining books for various UK entities in multiple currencies with complicated tax structure
- Work closely with London Financial Controller in the UK, and Finance Managers across the various European locations
- Working closely with external auditors for queries with regards to statutory accounts and tax computations
- Prepare VAT returns and EU Sales Lists (Maybe, my senior Cashier is doing it)
- Acting as support for Financial Controller in running London office.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of UK GAAP/ FRS102 and relevant accounting standards for law firms (e.g. LLP SORP).
- Experience in preparing financial statements under UK GAAP for Limited Companies and LLPs essential
- Experience of 3E desirable
- Can do attitude with the ability to identify and solve problems quickly
- Excellent ability on Excel
- Must be working or have worked within professional services, preferably law firm experience
- Must be self-motivated, highly organised, accurate, with an attention to detail and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and enthusiastic with the ability to manage own workload and priorities to meet deadlines